Khoury College of Computer Sciences
Master of Science in Computer Science – Align – Arlington
You don’t need a background in tech to have a future in it. Break into tech with Align, a program designed for motivated students and professionals with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Earn your master’s in computer science from Northeastern University on the Arlington, Virginia campus, where diverse and unexpected ideas are encouraged.
Computing is an essential element of nearly every human endeavor, and today’s computer scientists are solving many of the world’s problems. For this innovative work, the rewards are often high, with competitive salaries and the intrinsic benefits of knowing that your contributions have great impact on people, companies, and communities.Through a cohort-based learning model, Northeastern’s Align Master of Science in Computer Science program combines core coursework in program design, computer systems, and software development. Elective courses in machine learning, databases, distributed systems, networks and security, and software engineering allow you to tailor your degree to your unique interests. Classroom and cohort-based learning support your development of fundamental computer science and problem-solving skills. As a computer science student, you’re part of a vibrant community and have access to outstanding academic support.
- Align Master of Science in Computer Science is designed for students without a background in tech
- Unique CS learning environment where diversity of thought is valued
- Close-knit group of peers from different industries to move through the program with you
- Faculty with connections to top Arlington and National employers
- Incredible opportunities for paid, full-time co-op or internship to help you break into the tech industry
- Develop the ability to recognize and solve problems arising in modern computing
- Assimilate ideas and concepts from theoretical studies and hands-on design and programming
- Acquire skills in software and application design, network infrastructure, and other dynamic and emerging computer science areas
- +22% expected growth for software developers, quality assurance analysts, and testers from 2020 to 2030
- +22% expected growth for computer and information research scientists from 2020 to 2030
- +33% expected growth for information security analysts from 2020 to 2030
- +13% expected growth for web developers and digital designers from 2020 to 2030
(U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2022)
Tuition and Aid
This is an estimate based on the tuition rates for Academic Year 2021-2022 and does not include any fees or other expenses. Some courses and labs have tuition rates that may increase or decrease total tuition. Tuition and fees are subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time.
Find detailed information on tuition and fees from Student Financial Services.
Finance Your Education
We offer a variety of resources, including scholarships and assistantships. Learn more from Student Financial Services.
For 100+ years, we’ve designed our programs with one thing in mind—your success. Explore the current program requirements and course descriptions, all designed to meet today’s industry needs and must-have skills.
Co-op makes the Northeastern graduate education richer and more meaningful. It provides master’s students with up to 12 months of professional experience that helps them develop the knowledge, awareness, perspective, and confidence to develop rich careers. In addition to the esteemed faculty, many students enroll in the master’s programs largely because of the successful co-op program.
Graduate students typically have an experiential work opportunity following their second semester. This could be a six- to eight-month co-op or a three- to four-month summer internship. Those who initially experience co-op may have the opportunity to seek an internship for the following summer, or vice versa.Student participation in experiential education provides enhanced:
- Learning, technical expertise, and occupational knowledge
- Confidence, maturity, and self-knowledge
- Job-seeking and job-success skills
- Networking opportunities within your desired career path
Northeastern’s co-op program is based on a unique educational strategy that recognizes that classroom learning only provides some of the skills students will need to succeed in their professional lives. Our administration, faculty, and staff are dedicated to the university’s mission to “educate students for a life of fulfillment and accomplishment.” Co-op is closely integrated with our course curriculum and our advising system. The team of graduate co-op faculty within the Khoury College of Computer Sciences provides support for students in preparing for and succeeding in their co-ops.
These multiple connections make co-op at Northeastern an avenue to intellectual and personal growth: adding depth to classroom studies, providing exposure to career paths and opportunities, and developing in students a deeper understanding that leads to success in today’s world.
Applicants must submit the online application and all required admission materials no later than the stated deadlines to be considered for admission. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
|Deadline for domestic applicants:||December 15, 2022|
How to Apply
Learn more about Khoury College’s admissions process and required materials.